You will need
1.5m of Harlequin butterfly fabric
1 Nornas coffee table from Ikea
Sample pot of black emulsion
1 x Vyssa mattress
1m of 2 oz wadding
Large dressmakers Scissors
Felt tip pen
- Measure half way down the legs of the coffee table and saw each of them in half, at this point it will feel like the table will be very low.
- Paint the legs that you are keeping and the underside of the table with black paint. Once the paint is dry, following the instructions, put the table togethe
- Lay the table top on top of the mattress and draw round it with a felt tip. Cut out the mattress. You will have one oblong the same size as the table, and the other oblong will need to be made up of pieces. Place the pieces of mattress on top of the table and fit and together until you have an oblong shape the dimensions of the tabletop.
- Place the complete mattress piece on top of the pieces that are on top of the coffee table, Cover the whole thing with wadding and staple to the underside of the coffee table. The wadding will hold the mattresses in place.
- Place the butterfly fabric on top and staple this over the wadding. You may need to fold and sew at the corners for a neat edge.
Tip I used expensive fabric for a lovely look but you can find cheaper options especially if you look in the sales or bin ends.