This table was very stained and sad looking when I spotted it in a seaside charity shop. In the same shop were some old sailing charts and that gave me an idea. Why not decoupage, that’s essentially gluing and sticking, some charts onto the table.
You will need
Tester pot dark grey paint
- Sand and then paint the table with grey emulsion. Leave to dry, if it needs a second coat of paint, do this now.
- Measure the diameter of the circular table top and bottom and draw 2 circles to this measurement minus 1cm on the back of the sailors chart and cut out.
- Paint a coat of PVA glue on the fronts of each circle of chart, leave to dry and then repeat with the back.
- Using more PVA glue, stick the circles in place on the table. Leave to dry. Repeat step 4 with more coats of PVA to create a sustainable and usable table
- When you paint on the PVA it will look milky and opaque, don’t worry it will dry clear. If you get bubbles in the chart, prick them with a pin and stick it down.